Our work is motivated by the need for strong, just and local food production systems. The main goals are to create research opportunities for UST students, to provide an important service to nearby low-income communities, to build community relationships on campus and with local residents, and to develop urban agricultural practices that can be used as a model for future projects.
Here are a few things community collaborations:
- Infrastructure for urban agriculture, with 3 sites in St. Paul, MN
- A weekly farmers market at the University of St Thomas
- Food shelf donations. We’ve delivered over 2000 lbs of produce each summer since 2012
- BrightSide Produce, which has delivered fruits and vegetables to lower-income communities every week since 2014
- Urban Flower Field, a project that converted a vacant lot into an award-winning temporary park